Valentine’s Day Necklace
If you haven’t noticed I love making cute accessories for Mae. Necklaces are one of my favorites. I came across some cute little wooden hearts at JoAnns the other day, that would make the perfect pendant for a necklace. These are SO fun to make because you can use anything on them: buttons, beads, strings, pompoms, etc. The bigger and chunkier they are the cuter they look on your little one!
►Wooden Heart Cutouts
►Round Nose Pliers
You can make your necklaces however you like. I like to make tassels to pair with the wooden hearts. Below are directions for 3 different necklaces. Have fun, get creative and make your own designs!!!
1. Take a stand of the small beads loop it together and tie it. Make it large enough to fit over your child’s head
2. Using your pliers open a metal loop and attach the heart to the bead strand
3. Take the embroidery sting and make a tassel using a metal loop to hold the string at the top
4. Make 3 more tassels and attach all three to another metal loop. Attach that loop the the stand of beads
1. Take a large metal loop and make a tassel using the light pink embroidery string on it
2. Take hot pink and red string and make two more tassels on the same loop
3. Take a small loop and attach the large loop to the nylon cord
4. Take a wooden heart and attach it infront of the large loop to the same small metal loop
1. Using the embroidery sting thread it through a pompom and run a bead through the bottom then thread the string back though the pompom and through another bead. Attach it to a metal loop
2. Thread the metal loop through the nylon cord and add a wooden heart
3.Tie the end of the nylon thread