Before moving I gave away quite a few of our in door plants. Since we were moving so far I didn’t want to worry about them moving, spilling or dying during the move. So when we got up to Washington I had to start collecting them again. Along with those plants I gave away their containers though! Time to make a few more!! Last year I posted a diy on making a hanging planter to expand on that planter this year I wanted to share how to make a 3 tiered planter. A great way to show off all of your plants! You can even expand on this one and make it 4 or 5 tiers if you like!
►3 – 6.5 in. x 6.5 in. Wood
►Dark Walnut Stain
►3 – 6″ Terra Cotta Pot
►2 Drill Bits ( small & large enough to fit your rope though)
1. Take your 6.5 in. x 6.5 in. piece of wood and trace the Terra Cotta Pot over the center, remove the pot and draw another circle 1/4 in. inside the existing circle
2. In each of the corners make a dot about 1/2 in. from the edge. Take your small drill bit and drill a hole into each dot then go over it with the large drill bit. Also drill a hole through the center circle
3. Take your jig saw and cut out the center inner circle. Test your hole to make sure the pot fits into the hole but does not through. Repeat steps 1-3 2 more times so you have 3 pieces
4. Sand and stain all pieces of wood and allow to dry
5. Once dry take your rope and run it though one of the holes and tie a knot at the end. Decide how long you want it to between each tier (take into account the bottom of the pot will be blocking part). Mine was between 9-11 in. Then make a knot and string through the next piece of wood in the same corner. Repeat for the third piece of wood.
6. Run the rope through the diagonal hole and tie a knot at the end of that piece. You can hang the piece to make the next steps easier and to be sure each tier is level. Now run the rope though the next two pieces tie and cut the rope
7. Place the pots into the holders carefully (the weight will help you make sure the tiers are level). Now take another long piece of rope, tie the end, and run it through the empty holes on one of the side. Once you get through one whole side put them thought the last side
8. Adjust and knots if necessary
9. Plant your plants and Enjoy!