Pom Pom Shorts
Aren’t these the cutest!!! I’m so obsessed I made literally 5 pairs for Mae! It all started when I was on instagram and krista.horton (her kids are the cutest and she has great fashion tips) posted the cutest picture of her daughter in pom pom shorts I saw them and new I NEEDED them. Unfortunately I couldn’t figure out where they were from and rather than simply asking I decide to diy them. I ran over to JoAnn fabrics and they had the prettiest spring silk prints so I grabbed a few as well as some pom pom trim and headed back home for a fun Sunday of sewing.
This project was so fun and not difficult at all! Anyone can make these and they are super inexpensive, just bring along your JoAnn coupons when you shop for fabric! Oh and another plus you can make 5 pairs in one day!!!
► Fun Silk Fabric
► Pom Pom Trim
► Pair of Daughters Short
► Sewing Machine
1. Take 2 pieces of fabric cut into rectangles about 15 in. by 12 in. and lay them down on each other with the with the back of the fabric facing out
2. Lay your shorts on top of the fabric and trace the outside the outer edge and crotch leaving about half an inch of space on each side. At the waist extend the line about 2 inched higher
3. Sew along the lines you just drew
4. Trim the excess fabric. Then cut the fabric diagonally from the crotch to the side of the leg
5. Fold the waist fabric over, pin it, and sew about an inch down from the top of the waist. Leave an opening so you can insert the elastic
6. Take the safety pin and attach it to the end of the elastic and thread it through the waist of the shorts
7. Once threaded all the way through double check the sizing then sew the ends together using a stretch stitch. Then sew closed the opening
8. Take the pom pom trim and pin it along the edge of each leg. Then sew it on using a zig zag stitch