I LOVE PLANTS!!! I love them in inside and outside, I love them everywhere! They add life to your home and make it feel more welcoming and warm. Now with little Miss. Mae being mobile and getting into everything (as most moms know) I have had to get creative with where to put them. I have them on shelves, counter tops, side tables, where ever they are out of her reach. I am running out of space though, so I decided to make some cute hanging planters. Today I put together one that has been very popular on my etsy shop, so I thought I would share it with you!!
►6.5 in. x 6.5 in. Wood
►Dark Walnut Stain
►6″ Terra Cotta Pot
►2 Drill Bits ( small & large enough to fit your rope though)
1. Take your 6.5 in. x 6.5 in. piece of wood and trace the Terra Cotta Pot over the center, remove the pot and draw another circle 1/4 in. inside the existing circle
2. In each of the corners make a dot about 1/2 in. from the edge. Take your small drill bit and drill a hole into each dot then go over it with the large drill bit. Also drill a hole through the center circle
3. Take your jig saw and cut out the center inner circle. Test your hole to make sure the pot fits into the hole but does not through
4. Sand and stain your piece of wood. Allow the stain to dry
5. Once dry take your rope and run it though one of the holes and tie a knot at the end. Decide how log you want it to be and run the other side of the rope though the diagonal hole and tie a knot at the end of that piece
6. Take another piece of rope and run it though one of the remaining holes and tie a knot. Run the other side of the rope though the remain hole. Make sure the the rope line up when hanging and then tie the last knot
7. Take a small piece of string and make a loop at the top with the ropes and tie the string around the loop
8. Place Terra Cotta pot in hanger and make sure everything hangs nicely
9. Add your Favorite Plant!!