Mail & Key Organizer
In our house, unfortunately we don’t have space for a mudroom room (maybe one day). So I wanted a place we could keep our keys and maybe some mail or shopping list etc. Papers we might need before we left the house. I decided to make this very simple and cute organizer. Since I have an abundance of scrap wood it didn’t cost a thing to make and only took me 45 minutes!
► 0.25in. x 1.5in. x 4ft. Poplar Hobby Board
► 1in. x 2.5in. Pine Scraps
► Tri Ply Board
► 1in Nails
► Keyhole Hooks
► White Paint (whatever you prefer)
► Black Twist In Hooks
► Jig Saw / Miter Saw
► Nail Gun
► Paint Brush
► Hand Sander
► Yard Stick
1. Cut the Tri Ply into a 6in. x 11in. rectangle
2. Cut Poplar Board into 3 11in. pieces
3. Cut or gather 1 piece of pine that measures 11in. and 2 that are 5.25in.
4. Create a U with the pine pieces of wood and using a nail gun (or screws) connect the three pieces
5. Take the Tri Ply and nail it to the back of the U shape wood piece
6. Sand down the piece you just built as well as the poplar pieces
7. Paint or stain all the pieces and allow them to dry
Optional: Using the sander lightly sand the piece to give it a rustic worn look.
9. Flip the piece and screw in the key hole screws
10. Flip back to the front and measure in 2 inches from each side of the bottom and mark. Then take the black twist in hook and attach them to the piece.