Last Minute Felt Pumpkin Candy Bag
With Halloween less than a week away I realized I still needed a candy bag for Mae. Not that she eats candy, but I definitely do! I remembered seeing a cute one on Pottery Barn Kid‘s site. However it was a little to late to order one and I did not really feel like paying that much when I knew I could make it for much less.
This is such a fun project you could make anything you like, a cat, ghost, or even Frankenstein. Whatever compliments your child’s costume! The total cost was less then $5!
► Felt (2- Orange, 1- Yellow, 1- Brown 1- XL Black)
► Felt Glue
► Sewing Machine
1. Take the two pieces of orange felt and cut out 2 identical oval pumpkin shapes
2. Cut the black felt into a long rectangle. Long enough to wrap 3/4 the way around the orange circles
3. Sew the edges of the black rectangle and the orange circle together to form a little bag
4. Cut out a fun jack-o-lantern face from black and yellow felt, and a stem from the brown
5. Place them on the felt circle to be sure you like the look then glue them in place and allow it to dry
6. While drying take a long strip of black felt and braid it together. Then sew it to each end of bag to create a handle