Kids Stroller Upcycle
While unpacking the house they came across Mae’s old stroller and she was obsessed she pushed it all around the house everywhere she could go, but it was very difficult considering how short she is and how tall it was. I decided to check out the local Goodwill the other day and I came across a stroller for two dollars I grabbed it right away. The seat was ripped so I knew I would have to see a new one but that wouldn’t be too hard. Luckily I already had some fabric and spray paint at home so I just picked up some seat belt strap from the store for $2. Which made this project very inexpensive!
This project is so fun you can customize the stroller however you want, any fabric you like, spray paint even the wheels and handle grips. When it’s done your daughter will love it!
► Yard of Fabric
► Seat Belt Strap
► Spray Paint (Copper & Black)
► Electrical Tape
► Sewing machine
► Box Cutter
1. Remove the old seat and the foam handles
2. Clean the metal frame than spray paint it your color preference, also spray paint the buckle
3. While that is drying carefully cut on the seem of the old car seat so you can use it as a template for the new one.
4. Take the bottom part of the seat and cut the half circle shape out of the new fabric leaving an extra 2-3 in. that you can fold over. (The fabric I chose it is a jersey and rather pretty thin so I folded it over to make it double the thickness)
6. Cut out the back portion of the seat using the old seat as a template.
7. Pin the bottom portion of the seat, starting with the middle of the 1/2 circle) to the back portion of the seat and sew along the edge
8. Take the seat belt cut 2- 6 in. piece these will be the belt for the doll, pin them in place. Take the other seat belt strap and fold it over using it as the liner around the edges of the seat
9. Take 2 – 4 in. pieces of seat belt, loop them and sew them to the top corners of your seat (they will loop around the stroller handles holding it in place)
10. Attach the buckle and trim the extra strap
11. (OPTIONAL) If your spray paint is dry you can either paint or spray paint the wheels
12. Once the wheels are dry re attach the seat use electrical tape along the handles