Kids Bookshelves Tutorial
books, books, books
Even though Mae is only 4 months she has quite the collection of books already. Which I love I hope she is a little bookworm! I made these really easy bookshelves for her nursery they are so cute and as she gets more books I can just make another one. These are easy to make and could really go anywhere in the house they just made the most sense in the nursery.
►1in. x 5in. x 6ft. Pine
►0.25in. x 1.5in. x 4ft. Poplar Hobby Board
► Wood Screws
►Key hole hooks
1. Cut the 6ft board into 2 – 23in. and 4 – 4.5in.
2. Cut the hobby board 2 – 23in.
3. Take 2 of the 4.5 boards and attach them to each side of one of the 23″pine boards so that it makes a U shape
4. Measure up 3.5in. from where you attached the 4.5in. board and mark it do the same on the opposite side and lay the hobby board across there you made the lines and attach it.
5. Repeat the 3&4 steps to make the second shelf
6. Sand the shelves smooth
7. Paint them to your color preference
8. Attach key hole hooks to the back so that they can hang easily and close to the wall
CLICK HERE TO SEE MAE’S FULL NURSERY