Creepy Ghost Figures
Halloween is 2 weeks away!! Here is a fun spooky decoration you can make for your home. They are super cool and really look creepy. The project only takes a few minutes (but you have to let them dry overnight) and the total cost was $7 making 2 different sized ghosts.
►Cheese Cloth (Grocery Store or JoAnns sells it by the yard, or in 6 yard pack only $3 after using a coupon!)
►Bottles/Paint Cans / etc
►Ball or Balloon
1. Prep your materials. Set up your bottles, paint cans, or whatever you want to use for a stand for your ghost while it is drying. place a balloon or a ball at the top to create a nice spherical top to your ghost. I used a Styrofoam 1/2 circle and my dogs toy ball (its all I had handy) and covered it with a plastic bag so it would get dirty.
2. Take your cheese cloth and cut it into pieces according to how large you would like your ghost. You will want at least 2 layers of cheese cloth so your ghost is sturdy. I did 3 layers because I wanted my ghost to be taller about 2ft.
3. Pour 1 cups of water into a microwave safe container and add 1/2 cup of cornstarch. Mix it very well so all the corn starch is dissolved in the water
3. You are going to microwave the liquid for 30 second, and then stir. Repeat this process until the liquid thickens about 2 minutes and 30 seconds
4. The mixture is going to be hot so let it cool a little you don’t want it to harden but you want to be able to handle it
5. Once cool coat each piece of cheesecloth with the mixture. Work it in and make sure it is coated completely
6. After it is coated drape the piece of cheesecloth over your stand. You will want it to gather a little at the bottom so that the ghost can stand free.
7. Allow it to dry over night!