Children’s Pull Toy
Time flies I remember being so excited on Thanksgiving when Mae took her first steps. Now she’s going around everywhere; nothing can stop her! I decided it would be fun to make her a little hedgehog toy to pull along with her on her many adventures. This was a fun and easy diy project and it turned out super cute. A great one for beginners and would make the perfect 1st birthday present for any child!!! Mae loves hers, she has been pulling it around everywhere across the house, through the back yard, even out to the mailboxes. SO CUTE!!
►Animal Print Out (Hedgehog)
►Blue painters tape
►Large Wooden Bead
►Wooden Dowel 5/16
►Screw Eyes # 212
►5/16 Drill Bit
1. Start with two pieces of Pinewood using some clamps and Wood glue to glue the two pieces together in clamp them tightly allow them to dry overnight
2. While it’s drying find an image that you like and printed them the next day trace your image directly onto the wood and using a scroll saw or jigsaw cut out your shape
3. Sand your entire piece smooth and draw your design on the piece
4. Drill two holes in the bottom one close to the front and one close to the back. Use the wheels to determine the exact place for the holes
5. Now you can decorate your piece by painting a design onto. I used blue painters tape to get clean lines. Once the paints dry add a topcoat clear coat
6. Take it with wooden doll and cut it down to 2 – 3 inches piece. Run the dowels through your 2 hole in your wooden figure And using wood glue attach theThe wheels to each side. Note: make sure the glue only gets on the wheel and the doll not on the actual figure you want the wheels to be able to turn. Allow the glue to dry overnight
7. Take the screw eye and twisted it into the front of the figurine.
8. Take the rope run it through the screw eye, tie a knot and run the other side of the rope through the large bead and tie another knot